AICTE Postgraduate Scholarship has been announced for students admitted to AICTE approved post-graduate programs in AICTE approved institutions or university departments. The scholarship will be provided from the date of commencement of classes till the date of completion of the classes. Those selected under the scheme will receive a monthly scholarship amount of Rs 12,400 for a period of two years.
Students doing their Master of Engineering, Master of Technology, Master of Architecture, Master of Pharmacy, and Master of Design programs can apply for AICTE Postgraduate Scholarship provided they have a GATE, CEED, or GPAT qualification and are pursuing postgraduate programs approved by the All India Council for Technical Education. “Number of PG Scholarship is limited to the AICTE approved intake in the program in that year,” says the notification from the council.
Important Details Regarding AICTE Postgraduate Scholarship
Prior to submitting online applications, students are advised to keep the following important details in mind:
- Only GATE, GPAT or CEED qualified candidates are eligible for the AICTE Postgraduate Scholarship.
- Candidates must be admitted as full-time scholars.
- Students of final years of dual degree integrated programs would also be entitled to the scholarship from the 9th semester onwards in case they get a CGPA score of 8 or above (on a scale of 10) which means for only one year in final year.
- The scholarship will be disbursed for a maximum period of 24 months or till the completion of courses or the date of submission of the thesis, whichever is earlier.
- It will be obligatory for every post-graduate student to undertake 8 to 10 hours (per week) of work related to teaching and research activities as assigned to them by the Institute.
- Aadhaar number is mandatory for applying for the postgraduate scholarship. Applications will not be accepted without the Aadhaar number of the candidate, says the notification.